Monday, November 15, 2010

Diary of a Wimpy Kid Book #5

    Diary of a Wimpy Kid Book #5 by Jeff Kinney is probably one of the most funniest books in his series. I just finished this book yesterday and to tell the truth, i really enjoy it, like when I reread The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster. Everytime I found out a new book was coming out from the series, I always found a way to get the book and was ready for the comedy within the book.
    Some people might say that this book was only meant for boys and some might say it's not but I believe that this book is meant for everyone who needs a laugh or two in their life. I recommend this book to people who goes to school, almost everyday, so stressed out. This series helped me through the day & I hope it did for you too,(if you've ever read the series.)
    This book is about how Greg and Rowley not being best friends anymore because of a fight that happened over the summer, his mom going back to college & about some other things that happens during the school year that are really hilarious, but generally, they mostly talk about Rowley & Greg.
    There's one part in the book that really caught my attention.  Right before the book's about to begin, there's a picture that was really unexplainable & even my friends that even saw the picture. I was really curious to what was the history behind the picture until I almost finished the book. Greg & a few of his peers from school was having a Lock-In, which was when his school was a having a sleep over party but in my opinion, it really sounded like a boring party. Anyway, during this so called "party," they were playing this game called "Guess Who?" So the object of the game was to take a picture of a body part and let the other team guess what was the picture. Little did they know that the teachers thought that the picture was someone's posterior. It was really a picture of this kid's bended arm but I started to crack up when I read that part. It was really hilarious and I really love this series.
    I wish that the series would never end, but eventually it has to, so take a weird photo, go to a wedding or something and sit back and relax while reading one of the most funniest books you'll ever read in your entire life.
   

4 comments:

  1. i liked the part where you wrote about what caught your attention and how you were curious to the picture

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the first and second book. But after what you just posted I would want to read the rest of the series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica,

    I'm really glad you enjoyed this book and the series! I liked when you said, "Some people might say that this book was only meant for boys and some might say it's not but I believe that this book is meant for everyone...," and I wanted to see you go deeper into this statement. Why are some books meant for girls and others are meant for boys? Do you think all books should be written for everyone?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree with Ms. Frondoza. I also love the passion you have for this series.

    ReplyDelete