Monday, December 20, 2010

Willow by Julia Hoban (Beginning)

   Stress gets to everyone and I understand that. Sometimes, life brings you down, even though it wasn't you to blame, and I understand that too. But is putting yourself down makes you feel good about yourself? Is cutting yourself; making yourself bleed in pain, is for your advantage?
   Willow, by Julia Hoban is about a girl name Willow Randall who kills her parents driving on a rainy day, in March. So she secretly cuts herself, to release all the pain. She's now a new girl, in a new school and also is working at a library, at a university. She just recently met Guy( the boy's name) and just confessed what happen to her parents.
   We all have those complicated moments when life turns in a different direction and it's not what it seemed to be. Sometimes, we get so stressed out or upset, we kill or even hang ourselves and sometimes, we even take it upon the people we care or love the most. Hopefully, everyone hears this when I say that you're not alone. I'll admit, I have cried days and nights, stressing over little things that are going in my life but I don't let that get to me. I never, in my life, went to the extreme like what Willow did. I just keep reminding myself that I can pass through those challenges. Life would be okay and to get rid of all those tears of depression, and make sure that in the future, i have a happy, joyful life. 'Cause I know, for sure that I don't want to be rolling my eyes out, about the past, and not moving forward.
   Hopefully, through this book, Willow would finally open her eyes and change her ways for the better. I understand that she must be destroyed inside but that was seven months ago. She needs to let go of the past and make sure her future is bright. And as the book said, "it's hard to keep a secret when it's written all over your body."

No comments:

Post a Comment