Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Blog Posts that should be All-Star Mentors

Pages of Reality: Edward Cullen is so 2008 by Thai Singer  

http://pagesofreality123.blogspot.com/2010/12/edward-cullen-is-so-2008.htm#comments

   Just by reading the title of the blog post, I knew that I wouldn't regret reading it. I nominate Thai Singer's blog post to be an all-star mentor, because the way she conducted her thoughts, to first writing about the book, but then comparing it to her personal view of the term "love at first sight" was truly amazing. Her post grabbed all my attention and when I would get lost, I was urging to regain the focus and in my life, I have never had a blog post that made me feel that way. It was truly fascinating to read and I love it! Thai expressed her voice and her inner self throughout her blog post and that was what made it shine.

mandiethebooklova:Heroes by Amanda Pagan  

http://mandiethebooklova.blogspot.com/2010/10/heroes.html#comments

    Editing this blog post, would make seem and sound GREAT! I nominate Amanda Pagan's blog post to be an all-star mentor, because of the fact that her blog post is uses a format that I have never seen before and that it was fun reading it. Instead of her starting out with questions, relating to what the blog post is about, she started out by saying this... "This book is very complex." She then added what her book was about and then continued on her way. It was something that I've never seen in a blog post before and it came out great. Her voice stood out and her comparing the book to the movies was great. The last paragraph was my favorite part....

   "I don't think this show is a about good vrs evil but more like accepting who you are and just going with the flow. its up to you if you want to do something about that "power". Nobody's perfect. You cant expect one person to change the world. Yeah sure being called a hero is a good thing, but i guess at the end of the day its just a title you put on someone. being a hero is not a skill. you cant go to school and learn about it. Its just a title that you earn. With or without powers."
                                                          Good job Amanda.

Endless Ink and Pages:Wake By Lisa McMann by Hallie Lahm  

http://endlessinkandpages.blogspot.com/2010/12/wake-by-lisa-mcmann.html#comments 

   This blog post really connected to me in a way words just can't describe. I nominate Hallie Lahm's blog post to be an all-star mentor, because her blog post touched my heart. When I started to read this blog post, I thought that this was just going to be just some orinary blog post about the book she's reading. But then I continued reading and then, she wrote this...

    "Janie gets depressed and some of the time, into a lot of trouble. Janie doesn't want to talk to anyone about it because she's afraid society will judge her and not believe her. Janie is stuck in a deep hole and can't find her way out of it."                                                                                                    This really touched me because I can relate to this feeling. 


   As this blog post went on, she made guesses to figure out what was going on with Janie, just like the way my friends try to figure me out. I appreciate Hallie more for writing about Janie and her issues because now I can look back, reflect and compare. Thanks Hallie so much, your blog post deserves 5 out of 5 stars. It was truly amazing to read. 


   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment