Thursday, April 14, 2011

Blonde Ambition by Zoey Dean Part 1

    Blonde Ambition by Zoey Dean is a book similar to a reality television show like Beverly Hills 90210 or like Degrassi but it's in a book. Very strange, isn't it? Anyway, for just reading it for the first time, it really does seem like an interesting book and I've never expected to fall for a book, completely out of my reach. This book is really is something out of the orinary; something very unexpected to read about and I feel like in the future, Iwould like to persude myself to write a piece, similar to what this book is generally about.
    Anna, supposely the main character in the book, (so far, from what I have learned) cheated on her boyfriend, lost her vriginity, and almost got fired because of her sister, who is now in rehabilitation. Even though it may sound like Anna is a total mess and can't really handle her situations well, in the book, they really didn't make a big deal out it, which really grabbed my attention. Anyway, so there's this girl name Cammie, which I would say would be hating on Anna and really dislikes her. For example, on pages 33- 34, the author's says, ( I forgot to tell you but the author is talking in the third person,)
" In the few weeks that Anna had been in Beverly Hills, she'd proved herself to be the kiss of death. Everything that she touches turned to s*** for Cammie. It was bad enough that Ben Birnbaum had dropped Cammie- the first guy who ever had- and then fallen haed for East Coast snot Ana. When that relationship fizzled almost before it began, Cammie was delighted. But now Sam was reporting that Ben and Anna were a couple again and Ben was claiming to be in love for the first time!
 Which means that he never loved me, Cammie thought, a catch in her throat. F***ing Anna."
    Honestly, I've felt the way Cammie felt, so I understand where she's coming from. It's a very discomfort feeling like you're just worthless. But Cammie should learn how to forgive, and forget. Anna really hasn't done anything to Cammie, (yet) and just to say that about her now, is truly crazy. It's just too early to say anything about Anna and just because her dad is Anna's boss, doesn't mean that in the future, she should ruin Anna's life. If I was Cammie, I would trey to get along with Anna, just to see what's she all about. It's not a bad thing to hate on a person but really, it is.
    As a child, I remember my sister, always getting what she wanted, with no question asked, while me, on the other hand, wasn't that lucky. Everyone loved my sister, my cousin always wanted to be around her and in my opinion, she had it all. But me thinking like that didn't lead me anywhere. I just got more and more jealous and evil, I couldn't take it anymore so I would scream and yell at her but that lead me to nowhere either. What I needed to do, and what I still need to work on is forgiving and forgetting. I have a huge problem of holding onto the past, and not letting go. I honestly believe I get it from my father but that"s not the point. The point is that back then, I had the problem and didn't fix it, when I had time to. People like me, get use to their old habits so when they figure out later on in life, what's their problem, there's no way on fixing it, (in my opinion.) Cammie, now has a chance to fix, but who know what's going to happen. Hopefully, Cammie realizes what's she's doing and forgive, and forget.     
    
 

2 comments:

  1. Jessicaaa!
    First, let me say that I was so happy with the length of your post when I first saw it.
    And then I kept on reading and you said you wanted to write a story like the one you were blogging about! (Awesomeness!)
    And then you had text evidence!
    And then you connected the book to yourself!

    10 different kinds of awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete