Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Accidental Love by Gary Soto

    Well I just finished the book Accidental Love by Gary Soto and I'll have to say that this is a book that really got me begging to read on. It was about how the main chararcter, Marisa, falls in love with a guy that she should have never meet. It all starts when Marisa's about to hit her best friend's ex. Somehow she picked up the wrong phone and that leds into the guy Rene that she falls head over heels for. Thier relationship from there goes up and down with situations that Rene goes through everyday; everyday life for him before he met Marisa.
    Most of all, I really liked this book because of the fact that the author took an relationship that barely happens to teenagers and interprets it into a hilarious, some what scarey book. The author gives so much life into the book that for me, makes the reader addicted to this book and until the end, you never know what scene you'll wined up to.
     Most of you must of read the first sentence in the second paragraph and must of thought it to yourself, well how come a book with so much to deal with love, can be described as a some what scarey book? Well a) it's possible in so many ways if you have experienced it and b) I was put in that scarey situation myself. So what is this scarey situation you must ask so I respond, in one part of the book, Rene was beat up Marisa"s best friend's ex because of what Marisa had done to him in the beginning so of course, she found out and there was a fight. If you know me as well as you do, you must know that yes, I was in that situation but I'm not getting into more detail 'cause it's kind of obivious where I'm going to whine up, but if you want some advice, never, ever ever underestimate your opponent.
    As much as I want to give away the ending, I can't because its wrong but I'll give you a hint, it was very romantic and thought for him to do. Anyway, I recommend this book to readers who want to read about unexpected love and to readers who loves a happy ending and I hope if you read this book, that you'll love it the way I did. 
      
      

2 comments:

  1. this definitely sounds like a book that could pull a reader in! i'm glad you read it so thoughtfully

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica,

    This book seems really interesting!

    ReplyDelete