Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Phatom Tollbooth Chapter 5: Short Shrift

    Chapter 5 in the book, The Phantom Tollbooth, was the most funniest part in the book that I've read. It made me smile from cheek to cheek and I hope that most people, who also read this book had the same feeling I did.
    The chapter was mostly about what happened after the Humbug and the Spelling Bee destroying the stalls in the Word Market and the police force came to clear things up. Officer Shrift, the shortest policemen Milo had ever seen, came into the picture and considered that Milo was gulity. Somehow the situation whines up on July 27(the officer's birthday) and as soon as he can, he sentenced Milo and Tock a short sentence and a additional penatly of six million years in prison. He also took them down to the dungeon with the Which. So now, at this very moment, you wonder, but only a judge can sentence you. Well that is true but there's just two promblems. a) He's a judge & b) he's also a jailer. 
    The way the author, Norton Juster, wrote this chapter with so much humor and imagination, just made me laugh my butt off. It was probably one of my favorite chapters in the book and I hope that I remembered  all the good/humor/imagination parts so that I can share them with you. So anyway, I really enjoyed the way he wrote the chapter and as they always say, "humor and imagination is what makes the world go 'round."     

1 comment:

  1. yes, this book is so clever and imaginative. i laughed out loud so much while i was reading it!

    ReplyDelete